Alpena 24 Hour Emergency Water Damage Service
Flooded basement with a foot of standing water.
SERVPRO of Alpena is available 24 hours a day for water emergencies, large or small. When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. A delay of just a few hours can greatly increase the severity of the water damage.
We Answer the Phone Ready to Help Call Today - 989-354-4940
We understand that when you call us, you may be feeling confused, stressed, and vulnerable. You need an expert to guide you through this crisis. SERVPRO of Alpena has the specific water damage training and experience to help you through this tough time. We specialize in water damage restoration—in fact, it's the cornerstone of our business.
What to Expect
When you call, we will ask several questions regarding your water damage emergency. These questions will help us determine what equipment and resources to bring, including how many trained SERVPRO Professionals may be needed.
Our SERVPRO Representative will ask several questions:
- Your name and contact information
- Your insurance information (if applicable)
- The street address of the water-damaged home or business
- When did the flooding or water damage occur?
- What caused the water damage (if known)?
- Is there electricity available (on-site)?SERVPRO of Alpena specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. Call 989-354-4940
Alpena Smoke and Soot Cleanup
Soot covered walls from a kitchen fire
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Alpena will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
- Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Different Types of Smoke
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
- Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor. Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
- Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today –989-354-4940
- Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
For Immediate Service in Alpena & Surrounding Areas Call SERVPRO
Alpena & Surrounding Area Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Alpena provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Alpena & Surrounding Area’s. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 989-354-4940
Whether your home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services:
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Faster to your Alpena & Surrounding Area’s Water Damage Event
Flooded basement with over a foot of water in it from failed sump pump during a heavy rain storm.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of Alpena provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of SERVPRO of Alpena arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – 989-354-4940
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of Alpena
SERVPRO of Alpena specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Cleaning your duct work system necessary?
This shows the build up inside duct work
Commercial businesses such as office buildings or restaurants contend with dust and debris in the air on a daily basis. The traffic generated by employees, general staff, delivery services, and even by your HVAC system can create an unpleasant air environment that can impact overall comfort and productivity. Have you ever considered professional duct cleaning services?
SERVPRO of Alpena has been providing comprehensive duct cleaning services for years. When there’s a demand for cleaner, more breathable air in your commercial business, no one can provide it like our experts. We carry all of the tools, experience, and technology needed to give your office space or restaurant the best duct cleaning service. If you feel you commercial space or home needs duct cleaning call SERVPRO of Alpena today to get a quote!
SERVPRO is here to keep your office space clean
clean office space
Are you looking to get your offices cleaned and can't find the time to clean it or just don't feel like doing all that hard work. SERVPRO of Alpena can make your business sparkle We have trained cleaning technician staff that won't let you down!
SERVPRO of Alpena offers residential and commercial cleaning services. We cover from top to bottom of a home. From washing ceiling, wall, and windows, and floors, we also clean contents too! We use our special green products that are safe on any surface.
If you are looking to get you place clean and want it looking like new call SERVPRO of Alpena today to get a free quote! 989-354-4940 Our trained cleaning technicians will gladly come in get the job done.
Local gas station catches fire
Soot from fire damages goods in local gas station
Local gas station has a small electrical fire causing smoke and soot damage to the inside of the store. Any local business knows that they must be open for business no matter what the situation is. SERVPRO of Alpena takes on any emergency loss 24/7. We are capable of removing damaged material and replacing it with new. We have cleaning technicians that come in and inventory all damaged items. We pack out the damaged area and clean all items and the structure. Leaving your business "Like it never even happened."
If your business endures a loss, whether it's from water, fire, storm, or even mold, SERVPRO of Alpena has got you covered!
SERVPRO of Alpena covers all surrounding areas. Too many to list. Call 989-354-4940 to talk to one of our restoration specialists today!
SERVPRO to the rescue
SERVPRO of Alpena understands the stress and worry that comes with a fire or water damage and the disruption it causes your life and home or business.
SERVPRO employee's will always greet you with smiling faces and try to meet your every need! We want you to feel at ease and trust that as professional technicians we will handle your loss with care and restore it to the condition it once was, or better!
SERVPRO of Alpena specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage. SERVPRO of Alpena can also mitigate mold and mildew from your home or business.
If you would like to schedule service for your home or business, please call today! 989-354-4940
Upholstery cleaning will bring your furniture back to life.
Some of you may know that SERVPRO of Alpena cleans carpets, but did you realize we clean upholstery as well?
How and when should upholstery be cleaned?
Because furniture is highly susceptible to dust accumulation and stains, it should be cleaned on a semi-regular basis. This will help to prevent fibers from breaking down and developing holes that may require specialized patching at an even higher price. Depending on the type of furniture you have, it can be fairly inexpensive to keep it in top condition.
We are equipped with a truck mounted and portable carpet extractor so whether the job is big or small we will get the job done and have your carpets looking good as new.
We use only SERVPRO products that specialize in carpets and upholstery. Call SERVPRO of Alpena today to get a free quote 989-354-4940
How to avoid sewage back-ups!
sewage back-up causing flood inside home
Have you ever encountered standing water in your home after a heavy rainstorm? If water has come up through plumbing fixtures or if you have standing water over a drain in the floor or bathroom, you may be experiencing a sewer backup.
How to Prevent a Sewer Backup
You may be able to help protect your home from a sewer backup by taking the following preventive steps:
- Install a backup water valve: A plumber can install a water valve in sewer or drain lines. This valve lets sewage water flow out of the pipes, but not back in.
- Properly dispose of household waste: Items like paper towels do not decompose quickly and can contribute to plugging sewer lines if they are flushed down a toilet. And in the kitchen, be sure to properly dispose of cooking grease — if you pour it down the sink, it can harden in the pipes.
- Inspect and trim tree roots: If you have noticeable tree roots throughout your yard, you may need to have a professional trim them back to help reduce the risk of them growing into a sewer line.
While these safety tips can help minimize the risk of a sewer backup happening at your home, it’s important to remember that sewer backups aren’t typically covered by homeowners insurance policy. So, consider adding water backup coverage to your homeowners insurance policy which may help pay for repairs after a sewer backup.